Thursday, January 19, 2012

Amazing Thoughts About Winter

       I was watching it snow, here in the country and was thinking by tomorrow we may not get out as our road is gravel and we have to use 4-wheel drive... But of course it doesn't bother my husband, just me. Brought back memories of my childhood, we lived in a small town out in nowhere Ohio :), but still walked everywhere, it was more fun back then, neighbors got together and played cards and our town was on a hill, everyone got their sleds out and we made a chain and went down this really long, steep hill, trudged back up and done it over. That was all back in the day~ the 1950's.
      Now neighbors don't even know their next door neighbors and are so busy with work, sports and other activities they don't take the time to say hi. I guess times have changed, but it would be nice to have a chat now and then.
       Well, enough of thinking about the past, but oh, we did have fun! Now its the Memories that are fun....  So will start a new memory with some crocheting. :)

Elaine

8 comments:

  1. Don't forget to post pics for your projects Elaine! Can't wait to see them. You can add music to your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info, I need all the help I can get, any other suggestions would be appreciated. Should I change my background picture? Wasn't sure how things would look.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with your first post :)
    I myself am not a fan of music on a blog.....usually scares the heck out of me as my speakers are loud and playing something of my choice already. Many folks will click and leave a blog with music.
    I too have great memories of sledding as being in Nova Scotia= lots of snow usually(none of the ground right now which is strange)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my Blog and the nice compliment. I don't think I want music either. It would be hard to have something for everyone's taste.:) right now i just want to concentrate on learning to do pictures and write.
      Hope you'll stop by again,
      Elaine

      Delete
  4. Not sure if you follow other blogs, but you can join the blog hop. Or just add blogs to your site it brings in others to your blog. Most of us have music, we put stuff on according to the season and holiday. I love going on some that play old songs I haven't heard forever. I will leave their blog on to listen to their playlist. Especially at Christmas time. But none the less can't can't wait to see some more of your posts and feel free to go to mine and explore all the ones I follow. Although I haven't written anything on mine for some time, maybe I will get back into it. It is nice for keeping a journal for the future for the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your input, going to visit now, if i can find you...lol

      Delete
  5. great job, Oh I feel so jealous looking at those country roads, and the first quilt is gorgeous, they make a home warm & cozy, Well, girl friend, I am glad I got to know you and will be following your blog!! don't forget mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimmy, thanks so much, I'm glad we got to know each other,too. I'll try and get back to your's later today. Please take care, Elaine

      Delete